Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving. It is hard to believe it is already here and that Christmas is just around the corner. It has been a tough fall emotionally. Too many things going on in and out of the family. I look forward to moving on and this is a great time to do so. I want to stop and truly appreciate what has been given to me.

1. Unconditional love. Lord knows I have tested my husbands patience and yet he still does all the little things that shows he loves me. He is such a great guy and I love him. I need to say that more often!

2. The bridge between past and future. AKA, my kids. It is exciting and challenging to watch them grow up. They change and sometimes I am not sure if the change is good or not. But they are their own person and will always remember the bigger lessons from the past, I hope. I remind myself when faced with the teenage challenges that they are actually put here to teach me something.

3. True friends. I have a lot of contacts but have just a few really good friends. That is all you need.

4. My health. Lately that has been a complaint but I am also at my lowest in fitness. Seems to me there is a connection. I had less sicknesses and ailments when I was fit. Time to get started again (oh, age really does not matter).

5. My SIL's. As I don't have a sister, I do love them like one. I wish we lived closer and we did not have so much going on all of the time. I can't wait until Christmas to see Jen and in February I see Sunni!

More reflection to come...

1 comment:

Jennifer Sizemore said...

What a sweet post :)
I say Mike is lucky to have you :)

Happy Thanksgiving!