Monday, August 06, 2007

I have been wanting to blog for some time. Why haven’t I started? Simply, I am somewhat of a technophobe. Really. The truth is that I have always jumped into the new technologies after some period of sweating it out internally. What if it is just a fad? What if no one agrees or likes what I have to say? What if I fall flat on my face? At some point I just decide to do it and jump in. Usually it is after thinking that I need a lot of time to get it started. It is usually not the case. Of course, I have spent plenty of time mulling it over in my brain. But actually creating the blog (or insert whatever technology it is today) was easy.

Now I am excited. After all, I have a lot to say. Don’t I tell my students that they have a lot to say and should say it? I am also an average writer. By blogging, my writing will improve. That alone is reason to do it. This may be a better alternative to that paper journal I never seem to keep up with. I really should have started long ago.

So here I go, entering the blogging world. Thanks for bearing with me hearing my views of education, scrapbooking and all that I am passionate or thinking about at the time. Now that I am here, I keep asking myself, what took me so long?

No comments: